How IG Group Enterprise Team Completed Their Technology Health Check
Health Check Needs
As an established Fintech, the IG Group wanted a complete overview of their enterprise’s digital design. The previous year’s mostly manual annual health check took time and left them with out-of-date data.
- Data gathered quickly with automation, a current As-Is state, and a single source of truth
- Information for KPIs, the health of their existing applications and the current state of their ongoing use cases, stack, software and infrastructure
- Knowledge for strategic thinking and driving proactive decisions
IG’s Annual Health Check gathers important data across the whole business, giving insight to:
- Application lifecycle data
- Domain integration technology
- Map business capabilities, services, and applications
- Security supportability
- Business fitness information
- Flexibility performance
- Measuring KPIs against goals
- Third-party support
- Vendor supported technology
How Ardoq Helped
- Combined inputs and import information from ServiceNow
- Built visuals to demonstrate their enterprise health
- Surveys to capture data from across the enterprise, which allowed speed and scale
- Kept their metamodel simple and focused with the flexibility to change and grow as needed
We can’t underestimate the powerful visualization and analysis capabilities within the tool.
Key Outcomes With Ardoq
For IG’s Enterprise Team:
- Sped up the annual health assessment significantly
- Simplified and enriched the technology health assessment
- Demonstrated value-creating buy-in for health assessments and the Enterprise
For the whole organization:
- Saw Enterprise Team demonstrate solid value in KPIs and faster annual health assessment
- Understand the benefits of the technology repository and automation
- Helped IT managers, the CIO, and the CTO make high-quality decisions
The Enterprise Team adds value to the next stage of their roadmap by extending both technology and business context. With visualizations and dashboards designed, tested, and implemented the 2022 survey for the health check should go smoothly.
IG Group’s purpose is ‘Powering the pursuit of financial freedom for the ambitious’.
- Member of the FTSE 250, with offices across Europe, including a Swiss bank, Africa, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East, and North America.
- Award-winning, multi-product trading company that allows retail, professional, and institutional clients to trade 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- World’s No.1 provider of contracts for difference (CFDs) and a global leader in foreign exchange (forex) derivatives.
- Provider of leveraged services with the option of limited-risk guarantees and offers an execution-only stock trading service in the UK and Australia.
- Offices in 17 countries and over 1000 staff members
- Best Practice Guides Application Portfolio Management
- Blog Posts IG Enterprise Team’s Complete Technology Health Check
- PDF Guides Application Portfolio Management Process: 9 Steps to Succeed